SOME CONNECTIVITY INDICES AND ZAGREB INDEX OF HONEYCOMB GRAPHSHTML Full Text
SOME CONNECTIVITY INDICES AND ZAGREB INDEX OF HONEYCOMB GRAPHS
Yingying Gao 1, Muhammad Imran 2, Mohammad Reza Farahani*3 and Hafiz Muhammad Afzal Siddiqui 4
School of Biological Science 1, Guangzhou University, Guangzhou 510006, China.
Department of Mathematical Sciences 2, United Arab Emirates University, P.O. Box 15551, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates.
Department of Mathematics 2, School of Natural Sciences (SNS), National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), Sector H-12, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Department of Applied Mathematics 3, Iran University of Science and Technology, (IUST) Narmak, Tehran 16844, Iran.
Department of Mathematics 4, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Lahore, Pakistan.
ABSTRACT: In this paper, we investigate several topological indices in honeycomb graphs: Randić connectivity index, sum-connectivity index, atom-bond connectivity index, geometric-arithmetic index, First and Second Zagreb indices and Zagreb polynomials. Formulas for computing the above topological descriptors in honeycomb graphs are given.
Topological index, Honeycomb graph, Atom-bond connectivity index, Randić connectivity index
INTRODUCTION: In this paper, we only consider an undirected graph without loops and multiple edges. Let G be a graph, we denote V (G) and E(G) the vertex set and edge set of G, respectively. An edge uv is an (s; t)-edge if d(u) = s and d(v) = t. In chemical graph theory, the vertices of the graph correspond to the atoms of molecules and the edges correspond to chemical bonds. The Wiener index W (G) is defined as the sum of topological distances d(u; v) between any two atoms in the molecular graph, which is introduced by the chemist Harold Wiener 1.
According to the above Zagreb indices, the First Zagreb polynomial Zg1(G; x) and the Second Zagreb polynomial Zg2(G; x) have been defined. They are defined as
Honeycomb Graph: The n-honeycomb graph Hn was studied in 10. It is the graph shown in Fig. 1, where mean of vertex is vertex of the hexagons and mean of edges are the sides of the hexagons.
Definition 1: For any integer. Let P1; P2;…; Pk be k paths such that:
FIG. 1: THE n-HONEYCOMB GRAPH Hn WITH 1 ≤ n ≤ 10
FIG. 2: (A) THE VERTICES IN H5; (B) THE VERTICES IN H6
Theorem 1: If n is even, then
Theorem 2: If n is odd, then
CONCLUSION: In this paper, we computed topological indices “Randić connectivity index, sum-connectivity index, atom-bond connectivity index, geometric-arithmetic index, First and Second Zagreb indices and Zagreb polynomials” of
a honeycomb graph Hk. Formulas for computing the above topological descriptors in honeycomb graphs are given and such results of other types of chemical graphs.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: This work was supported by applied basic research (Key Project) of Sichuan Province under grant 2017JY0095, key project of Sichuan provincial department of education under grant 17ZA0079 and automotive creative design pilot area of chengdu University and Longquanyi District under grant 2015-CX00-00010-ZF and higher education commission of Pakistan via Ref. No. 20-367/NRPU/R D/HEC/ 12/831 and by National University of Sciences and Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST: The authors declare that there is no conflict of interests regarding the publication of this paper.
- Wiener H: Structural determination of paraffin boiling points, Journal of the American Chemical Society 1947; 1: 17-20.
- Estrada E, Torres L, Rodrguez L and Gutman I: An atom-bond connectivity index: modeling the enthalpy of formation of alkanes, Indian J. Chem. Sect. A 1998; 37: 849-855.
- Gutman and Trinajstić N: Graph theory and molecular orbitals Total π-electron energy of alternant hydrocarbons, Chem. Phys. Lett. 1972; 17: 535-538.
- Nikolić S, Kovačević G, Miličević A and Trinajstić N: The Zagreb indices 30 years after, Croat. Chem. Acta 2003; 76: 113-124.
- Gutman and Das KC: The first Zagreb indices 30 years after, Match Commun. Math. Comput. Chem. 2004; 50: 83-92.
- Rodrıguez JM and Sigarreta JM: On the Geometric-Arithmetic Index, MATCH Commun. Math. Comput. Chem. 2015; 74: 103-120.
- Randić M: The connectivity index 25 years later. J. Mol. Graph. Model. 2001; 20: 19-35.
- Hosoya H: On some counting polynomials in chemistry, Discrete Appl. Math. 1988; 19: 239-257.
- Farahani MR: Some connectivity indices and Zagreb index of polyhex nanotubes, Acta Chimica Slovenica. 2012; 59: 779783.
- Ghambari M, Mojdeh DA and Ramezani M: Roman domination numbers in honeycomb structures, manuscript.
- Farahani MR: On the Schultz polynomial, Modified Schultz polynomial, Hosoya polynomial and Wiener index of Circumcoronene series of Benzenoid, Journal of Applied Mathematics and Informatics 2013; 31(5-6): 595-608.
- Farahani MR: Computing Eccentricity Connectivity Polynomial of Circumcoronene Series of Benzenoid Hk by Ring-Cut Method. Annals of West University of Timisoara-Mathematics and Computer Science 2013; 51(2): 29–37.
- Farahani MR: Computing a New Version of Atom-Bond Connectivity Index of Circumcoronene Series of Benzenoid Hk by Using Cut Method. Journal of Mathematical Nanoscience 2012; 2(1): 15-20.
- Farahani MR: A New Version of Zagreb Index of Circumcoronene Series of Benzenoid. New. Front. Chem. (AWUT) 2014; 23(2): 141-147.
- Farahani MR: The Application of Cut Method to Computing the Edge Version of Szeged Index of Molecular Graphs. Pacific Journal of Applied Mathematics 2014; 6(4): 249-258.
- Farahani MR, Kato K and Vlad MP: Omega Polynomials and Cluj-Ilmenau Index of Circumcoronene Series of Benzenoid, Studia UBB Chemia. 2012; 57(3): 177–182.
- Farahani MR: Third-Connectivity and Third-sum-Connectivity Indices of Circumcoronene Series of Benzenoid Hk. Acta Chim. Slov. 2013; 60: 198–202.
- Farahani MR: Eccentricity Version of Atom-Bond Connectivity Index of Benzenoid Family ABC5 (Hk). World Applied Sciences Journal 2013; 21(9): 1260-1265.
- Farahani MR: The Edge Version of Geometric–Arithmetic Index of Benzenoid Graph. Proceed. Roman Academy Series B, 2013; 5(15): 95–98.
- Farahani MR: The Edge Version of atom-bond connectivity Index of Connected Graphs. Acta Universitatis Apulensis. 2013; 36: 277-284.
- Farahani MR: Using the Cut Method to Computing GA3 of Circumcoronene Series of Benzenoid Hk. Int. J. Chem. Model 2014; 6(1): 9-16.
- Farahani MR: Zagreb index, Zagreb Polynomial of Circumcoronene Series of Benzenoid. Advances in Materials and Corrosion 2013; 2: 16-19.
- Farahani MR: Connective Eccentric Index of Circumcoronene Homologous Series of Benzenoid Hk. International Letters of Chemistry, Physics and Astronomy 2014; 13(1): 71-76.
- Farahani MR: The generalized Zagreb index of Circumcoronene series of Benzenoid. Journal of Applied Physical Science 2015; 3(1): 7-11.
- Farahani MR: The Hyper-Zagreb Index of Benzenoid Series. Frontiers of Mathematics & Its Applications 2015; 2(1): 1-5.
- Farahani MR and Kanna MR: Fourth Zagreb index of Circumcoronene series of Benzenoid. Leonardo Electronic Journal of Practices and Technologies 2015; 27: 155-161.
- Gao W: The fourth geometric-arithmetic index of Benzenoid series. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research 2015; 7(4): 634-639.
- Farahani MR, Kanna MR, Jami MK and Imran M: Computing the M-Polynomial of Benzenoid molecular graphs. Science International (Lahore) 2016; 28(4): 3251-3255.
- Zhou B and Trinajstić N: On a novel connectivity index, Journal of Mathematical Chemistry 2009; 46: 1252-1270.
- Shao Z, Wu P, Gao Y, Gutman I and Zhang X, On the maximum ABC index of graphs without pendent vertices.Applied Mathematics and Computation. 2017; 315: 298-312.
How to cite this article:
Gao Y, Imran M, Farahani MR and Siddiqui HMA: Some connectivity indices and zagreb index of honeycomb graphs. Int J Pharm Sci Res 2018; 9(5): 2080-87.doi: 10.13040/IJPSR.0975-8232.9(5).2080-87.
All © 2013 are reserved by International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. This Journal licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Y. Gao, M. Imran, M. R. Farahani * and H. M. A. Siddiqui
Department of Applied Mathematics, Iran University of Science and Technology, (IUST) Narmak, Tehran, Iran.
12 August, 2017
17 October, 2017
20 October, 2017
01 May, 2018